For Who ?
This network aims to bring together all experts in the field of alternative methods to animals for scientific purposes (in vitro, in silico, etc.): researchers, engineers, industrialists, regulators and institutions. The idea is to create a broad network to foster dialogue between key players, share important information, generate new collaborations and gather solid scientific data to validate and promote alternative methods to animal experimentation.
- Creating links between experts from different backgrounds : private, public, institutional, regulatory.
- Sharing information
- Organizing events
- Foster new collaborations
- Raise funds
- Producing scientific evidence
- Develop a strategy for the implementation of non-animal methods at French and European level.
- Promote and educate scientists in non-animal methods
Tools / platforms
- Linkedin group : for daily / regular interactions and information sharing.
- NAMs platform : a continually updated interface to list start-ups, biotechs, institutes and resources offering alternatives to animals for research, drug development, toxicology and education. The interface also offers a calendar of events related to non-animal methods and technological innovation for health.
- A collaborative and interactive map : this map makes it easy to view and find experts on French territory. It’s a collaborative tool, with each member able to add their name or that of their laboratory/company, which will then be visible on the map after validation by the network coordinator.
Dr Lilas Courtot